Monday, June 5, 2017

Transferred to other FARSI AREA!! JUNE 5th

What a great week!
I had my first Skype call with some other missionaries in Germany which was actually really fun and super cool. I have probably said this, but there are about 10 Farsi speaking missionaries in the world right now!
     We also had an eventful exchange this week! Elder Holden(Elder Ward's companion) came here for a day! It was pretty nuts because we had a full Farsi(family doesn't really speak any English) service and lesson! It was pretty crazy and super funny! Within two minutes I was trying to say something, even though they don't speak English, they said to speak English(must have thought we had better odds haha) Anyway English didn't work, but Farsi mostly did! The service didn't end up working out, but we did read Maroni 10:3-5, and they said they believe the B of M is true, and I was able to testify, and they committed to read and pray about the B of M every day! It was honestly super exhilarating and the spirit was as strong as I have ever felt it in a lesson! I was also able to speak at honestly a much higher level than I was capable of before that! It was incredible!
     Our Ward had a cake auction this week and we baked a pretty legit cake (thanks to Elder Bakker's baking background). By the way, I have never eaten so well as a missionary. We eat like Kings. It's crazy!
     Some of the other missionaries put a bunch of money into the cake auction and we won a cake for $135. It was a good cake! Also, like 4 other cakes were donated to us!
     Fast and testimony meeting was wonderful! This ward really is incredible! We had transfer calls, and after just coming into this area, Elder Bakker and I are both being moved to the North area Richmond Hill. Elder Casdorph(15 months out) is being transferred to English work as a Zone Leader, and Elder Mcbeth is training a 9-month missionary who is now just learning Farsi, they will be in our current area, aka Farsi South Don Valley. 
     Also crazy Family history news, I will get this sisters email to you. SHe's from Scotland and broke down why our name with spelling(she is positive) is actually originally from England and was adopted into a Scottish clan. She was showing me the kilts of my clan and whatnot. WE were going to have dinner with her and she was going to show us a bunch of stuff, but now we are getting transferred. however, the blessing of Farsi work is I'm guaranteed to return haha. but I will send your email to her and she is planning on sending a bunch of information to you. 
    I know this work is real, and I am exactly where the Lord wants me to be. Your prayers are appreciated and felt. I do not walk alone. Love you and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment