Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Easter in Toronto! April 18, 2017

This week has been incredible! Many miracles! This 3 week transfer thing is really not a good idea! You probably didn't know this but libraries were closed yesterday(Monday), and we use the libraries to email so we are emailing today! President still had us have preparation day yesterday though! So today we are just emailing and then getting to work!

    One cool finding thing we do here is an English as a second language class! It's super fun and from what I hear it is probably the single most effective way of finding new investigators that missionaries have found. Of course we as English missionaries arent' directly teaching those investigators, but we get to help with the class!

    We also have many service opportunities here! And it seems much more often that people accept when we offer to help lift various items, or other things. We do service for someone almost every week to organize her work office haha. Last time we were organizing receipts for taxes haha.

First District meeting here was good. Had an easter egg hunt an dtalked a bit about hope and the Resurection!

   Ressuerection Sunday and really the whole week was incredible! We really used the Easter video in all finding situations with members and non-members!

    Ressurection Sunday itself was incredible! In church we sang "I know that my Redeemer Lives" and I really felt the spirit! I am so grateful for my knowledge that the Savior was resurrected and that He lives today! In Jesus the Christ it goes through all of the reasons why it is simply a fact that really there is no legitimate disputation over that the Savior was resurrected, but then says the greatest evidence we can receive is from the Spirit when we ask Heavenly Father for ourselves! I know this is true! No worldly evidence will ever compare to the incredible evidence that can be received from Heaven! So ask, I know He answers.

   Also at church an Investigator named Jimmy showed up and he left to Turkey my companions thought for a few months a short time ago, and he's back! And I'm pretty sure he is ready for baptism so that's wonderful! And we have found some sweet people and have solid appointments with them today and the rest of the week!

   Also can't remember if I said the Book of Mormon Musical finished on Resurection Sunday, Elder Tetauru is searching hard for a poster haha. It's been a fun conversation starter with people here!

  I love this work and know that it is real! The Lord has the capacity and willingness to accomplish His work! His work is not frustrated, and it will go on until all His promises are fulfilled! I am so grateful I get to be a part of It! Love and miss you all! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment