Tuesday, November 8, 2016

No More Chatting! Still in Tillsonburg, Elder Brand transferred!

Hey, so the chat thing is a real thing. It would be sweet to just send me a list of questions that need answering and then I can answer in one email. ALSO thanks for the birthday stuff from Grandma and Grandpa Hutchings, the Washington Hutchings, Grandma Dixon and You Guys!! I loved getting it all on Friday! Especially the forgotten carols! That is the PERFECT birthday present ever! It's awesome here because we can start celebrating Christmas super early and you don't even have to feel guilty because it's the next holiday after Halloween! I love you all and miss you! I feel your prayers!    

So this means we can't live chat with Steve anymore, so sad! It is the only way we really get answers to all of our questions! We will miss getting to talk to him live!! KELLY and I will have a hard time not e-mailing him when we see his emails coming in!!

That's awesome they did so well this term! I can't believe it's been that long! That's sweet that BYU won! Our investigators are doing awesome! Nancy came to church again and she is progressing amazingly! George and Lynn are keeping reading commitments and are progressing which is sweet! Sherry has been a bit iffy but we're still optimistic! I am staying in Tillsonburg for at least 6 weeks!

 This week has been pretty nuts! As you may remember this was the last week of the transfer. This transfer FLEW by super fast, WAY faster than the last one!
     Some sweet highlights were that we went on exchanges with the zone leaders, Elder Brand went to London with Elder Taylor, and Elder Certonio came here to Tillsonburg. I stinkin love Elder Certonio! We've talked a bit and I thought he was pretty sweet before, but he is way more sweet than I realized haha. He is rediculously good at giving positive and uplifting feedback and constantly encouraging! That is the kind of leadership style/approach I want to start developing. Lifting, loving, praising, and encouraging more than purely seeking to motivate. Also it blew my mind how quickly he talked in contacts but still made perfect sense to people. He got so much information out, and treated them in the same loving way that people just wanted to talk with us more. Anyway, I have learned lots and think he is pretty sweet!
     That was after zone council where they introduced the Christmas initiative that will be starting in a little less than a month which is "Light the World". It's sweet how much the church does for these "initiatives"(Easter and Christmas). I'm super excited! And I'll get to see the Christmas video early which is pretty sweet!
     Well, unfortunately we did get a transfer call last night... Elder Brand being the champ that he is, is going to be a zone leader in Branfield or something like that. It's no real surprise since he's a total champ and he's going to be a super solid zone leader! Since it was a leadership call we got a call from President Shield's instead of one of the assistants, which I guess happens for all leadership calls. We also have a new assistant because Elder Holt is going home, his name is Elder Sabin. I don't really know him at all but I'm sure he's pretty sweet!
     And by the way I get to stay in Tillsonburg! Which I'm super excited about! It would have been a real dagger to lose Elder Brand and go somewhere else! I'm pumped to be here for at least another 6 weeks!
     I have learned significant patience as I have tried to develop it over the past week. I have come to more fully understand that patience is not lowering expectations! I believe it is having a firm hope and faith that wonderful things will happen and then accepting the Lord's comfort and peace when they come later rather than right now! I feel like a completely different person than I was when I came out here and even from 6 weeks ago! I know what I am doing is what God wants me to be doing! I know I couldn't do this without complete reliance on Jesus Christ, and I also know that I can absolutely do it and be completely successful through and by him! I am more at peace than I have ever been in my life!
    I hope everyone has another wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment